Monday, November 28, 2011

Results

Wednesday, Thursday at the latest has turned into 2 weeks later. I'm sure the office is tired of me calling daily, but I want to know the results already! When my cell phone rings during class, I grab someone to watch my class so I can call back and get the news that I've been waiting for: biopsy is negative, just some fibroids, really no big deal. When I call, though, I have to wait for the doctor to get on the phone. Never a good sign. He tells me that it's cancer. It looks like lymphoma, namely diffuse large b-cell lymphoma. He won't give me any information about it "because it's not his area of expertise." He gives me the name of a gynecological oncologist, Dr. Kirby, along with his number and an appointment already set up to see him tomorrow afternoon. It's gone from wait, wait, wait to hurry up already. And for some reason, the news just doesn't seem to penetrate my skull. I stare and wait for it to hit: the tears, the fear, something. But all I do is stare.

No comments:

Post a Comment