Thursday, March 29, 2012

Round 5 *ding ding*

Round 5 can be summed up in two words: uneventful and over! I met with the doctor, she was pleased that I was feeling better and had a voice again. My counts were good, so I got hooked up. The nurses have me down to a routine now, so it's pretty easy. I was actually out by 3:15 today, which is the earliest I've ever been finished! In all, I'm feeling pretty good. Have to go back for my shot tomorrow, which changes things a bit, but I'm feeling like I'm getting much closer to the end.

I did have a nice conversation with one of the nurses about my hair situation. See, the hair on my head is growing. Not a lot, but it's prickly and there's enough that it sticks to my scarf or hat, so I've taken to just going bald. It honestly doesn't bother me the way I thought it would, but I'm careful to cover it if I'm going to be in the sun long. I really don't want to burn my dome! But I was also telling her that I still have to shave my legs, and she was totally with me about how unfair that is! I mean, that's supposed to be one of the few perks of chemo, right? Me and my body need to have a serious talk...

And Mom reminded me that I never posted the results of my PET scan! The first scan showed that the cells were metabolizing at a rate of 15-19 (what, I don't know) and the second scan showed that the metabolic rate dropped to 5. YAY! More good news showing that things are working. The only thing that I'm not thrilled about is a small nodule on my thyroid that wasn't present on the first scan. They seem to think it's a goiter, but my oncologist ordered some blood tests just to be on the safe side. She's not too concerned about it, so I'm going to try not to be, either.

5 comments:

  1. glad it was uneventful! inquiring minds do want the results of your last PET scan since you didn't blog after you found out about those results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just did! Thanks for the reminder. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uneventful in good for chemo treatments!
    Love you!!
    Gran Gran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayme.......always thinking of you and so enjoy reading your updates. Keep
    up the awesome fight, you are winning! Go Jayme, Go Jayme!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for another treatment done! Glad it went smoothly. Definitely not fair about having to shave! lol!

    ReplyDelete