Thursday, December 8, 2011

(Another) New Doctor

After he did the biopsy, Dr. Kirby looked at the sample under the microscope and said that he was fairly certain that it was some kind of lymphoma, which is not something that he treats. He recommended me to the doctors of the Florida Cancer Institute. I ended up with Dr. Choksi, and I must say, I like her a lot. She is very caring and compassionate and understands that most of my concerns revolve around my ability to be a good mom to my 15 month old. She assured me that all of the treatments that I would be receiving (based on the original diagnosis of diffuse large b-cell lymphoma since we were still waiting on the latest biopsy results) would be safe for me to be around him. Can you say HUGE relief? The rest I can do, so long as I can still be with my son. While we waited for the latest pathology reports, she got me set up to meet with a surgeon who would put my port in and get a MUGA scan and a PET scan. Getting all of my ducks in a row so we can start treatment as soon as we have the final pathology report!

No comments:

Post a Comment