Saturday, January 7, 2012

3 Days Later...

Today was a great day! Absolutely wonderful. And when you read about it, you'll probably say to yourself, "Don't you remember complaining about days like this not too long ago?" Well, yes, but the fact that I was able to do it all and feel really good while doing it all has me in the best mood! Here's how it went:
Got up around 8:30, which is sleeping way in for me. Wandered out to the living room, said good morning to my boys, then made breakfast. Sat on the couch with my boys and watched the newest episode of Merlin (which, if you don't already watch, you should!) Did five (count them, FIVE!) loads of laundry, all washed, dried, and put where they belong. Trying not to dwell on the sheets and comforter still out there waiting their turn... Had a surprise visit from a good friend who always makes my day brighter! Then coerced Chris into cleaning out the back room. It's been on our to-do list for far too long and I am so glad that it's done. Chris decided to go play with Chase in the living room (which is the best thing to listen to: Daddy being silly and Chase laughing his head off!) and I organized all of my scrapbooking paraphernalia (which was long overdue!) Then I came into the living room with my stacks of pictures and instead of organizing them, Chase came and sat with me and we just looked through them all and talked about them. Who was in the picture, where we were, what was happening. He was rapt! Might be busting out the scrapbooks in place of stories every once in a while... The best part of my day, though, was when I realized that my 48 hours of snuggle-free time was over! Let me tell you, I made up for those 2 days of not being able to give Chase his bath and cuddle him while he falls asleep. Chris came to check on us because 45 minutes after bath time started, we were still laughing and splashing and having so much fun! And we fell asleep on the couch together, which I feel like we haven't done in forever. So with a goodnight kiss for my son and one from my husband, my day is over. Three days after my first chemotherapy treatment and I am feeling blessed. I know that it won't always be like this, that there will be hard days, but if I can manage to squeeze enough days like this in, I will be extremely grateful!

2 comments:

  1. i've said it before, and i'll say it again (and again, and again....) you ARE AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayme, I don't know how I missed this, I must have been under a rock. Wow you are such an amazing woman! You are showing how strong you are, and you are blessed with such support. I will continue to follow your posts and if there is anything you need we will do all we can to help.
    Love, the Hagar Family

    ReplyDelete