Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baldilocks

As my hair has been thinning, I kept thinking to myself "this reminds me of somebody..." I couldn't for the life of me figure out who, though. Then it hit me! Jack Nicholson! Wait, Jack Nicholson? Oh, no, not happening!
So when Chris got home from work this morning, I asked him to shave my head. It was actually much more of a relief than I realized it would be. I was able to shower without dealing with gobs of hair. I got ready for work without needing to sweep the bathroom 3 times. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my head is not grossly misshapen, though it is extremely white! And I was so glad that Chris agreed to do it for me because 1) I would've had no idea where to even start, 2) I know he likes to be able to do things to help me through this, and 3) he made it pretty fun! Love that husband of mine!
So I am officially bald! I was thinking that when I wrote this post, it would be called "Bald/Bawled... Not a Coincidence" but I didn't shed one tear today over my hair. And with the recent Hats and Hugs party, I was able to keep it warm with a super cute hat! Here's the new Baldilocks look:

17 comments:

  1. you are so beautiful to me! inside and out! i am SO proud to me your mother!!!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look great! And I didn't think it was possible, but now you're showing off your beautiful smile even more!!!
      XXXOOO

      Delete
  3. You have a beautiful head! So wonderful to have a hugs & hats party. Looking forward to seeing your new looks! Proud of you! Love you!
    Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing the smiling face you had in these pictures and the facebook pics. You go girl! What a great example of a positive attitude in tough times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayme. You look like some professional. I am not sure who but definately NOT Jack Nicholson!!!! You look so proud and elegant! You might save time on the hairdos but selecting the proper hat will be hard. Maybe the red hat today, no the flowered fedora, try the beautiful scarf... I can't decide...just don't be late for school!!! Love you my Precious grandaughter!!!
    Gran Gran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not kidding! I've gotten to where I pick a hat first and then choose an outfit around it. Love you, Grangran!

      Delete
  6. JayBird:) you are amazing! And oh so sexy with your new look, I had a dream about u last night. I think it had to do with the fact that I was browsing through your party pics yesterday! But I dreamt about when we were kiddos and Zachary had that porkypine. Lol love u girl and I wish u all the best. Keep smiling and glowing like u know how to do
    Haney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jayme,
    You were always a true inspiration to my son, & after reading your blog you are truly an inspiration to me. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! How's Billy doing? I miss seeing him at school!

      Delete
  8. It can't be said enough, you are AMAZING. And isn't it nice to know you have such a lovely shaped head? It truly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Jayme, you are an inspiration! I love reading your story, amazing.

      Delete