Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New 'Do

So Chris talked me into getting my hair cut short instead of shaving it all off. On my way to school, I called Sharon Miller, who has been doing my hair for seven years now. I asked if there was any way that she could get me in this afternoon and she said that her next available appointment was Thursday. When I told her what was going on, though, she told me that she would stay late and to come in at 7 tonight. After work, I looked online and printed some pictures of what I thought I might like (or be able to tolerate, since I was fairly certain that I would never like a short cut!) Then I went to Sharon, told her what I had in mind, then let her work her magic. I swear, she knows what I want done with my hair even when I don't! She clipped and clipped and clipped and I watched as my hair fell to the floor. It really looked like a small animal lying there:


When she showed me the finished product, I couldn't have been happier! Yes, my hair is short. Yes, it will take some getting used to. But I'm really glad Chris talked me into doing it this way because I'm really liking this new 'do. It's very cute and still has a little bit of length to it. And from what Sharon said, it might not fall out as fast because she cut a lot of the weight off. Here's a before and after pic:

before
after
Not only did I end up with a shorter, lighter cut that I love, but Sharon wouldn't let me give her a penny for her work. She said she was happy to be able to do something to help me and wouldn't even accept the tip that I tried to give her. I have always loved going to Sharon because she is such a nice person and has always taken great care of me and my hair, but I never expected her to do something like this for me. We hugged, I cried (I seem to be doing that a lot lately!), she cried, and I left feeling better than I had all day. If anyone ever needs a new hair stylist, let me give you her number. She is beyond amazing!!!


5 comments:

  1. and she takes such pride in her work....she cut for over 45 minutes making sure every hair laid perfectly. you look beautiful (as you always do) and sharon took the time to make sure you were happy with it! i LOVE nice people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayme,
    That really does look adorable! That was a wise idea Chris had. You will appreciate the ease of getting ready in so much less time. You might even KEEP it short! Good friends are such a blessing and you are so blessed!
    ♥ Gran Gran

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! You look adorable! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it again!!! You got your hair cut and it is still longer than mine!!! Love you much!!!

    ReplyDelete