Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hats and Hugs

I could NOT believe what happened today! I headed down to Mom's house for a "Pampered Chef party" and walked into a house full of people shouting "surprise!" Turns out that my fabulous sister-in-law planned a surprise Hats and Hugs party for me! I was surrounded by friends, coworkers, my old teachers, family, my former and current administrators... I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of people who came out to support me. It was unbelievable to me that of all of the people who spent the afternoon with me, they had all read my blog. So a HUGE thank you to everyone who came today. I am so grateful to have each of you in my life, and I love all of my hats! My bald head will never be cold thanks to you all, and if I ever have moments when I feel down, all I'll have to do is think of today and all of the love and support that I have from you all and I'll be over the moon!

2 comments:

  1. then today was a success, because it was to make you feel supported and loved! you are amazing, and it is a mother's desire to have a beautiful, successful, loved and respected child and you have far surpassed my dreams!
    i love you, jayme dale!!!! and obviously, i am not alone! you are AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayme,
    I could not believe the crowds of people when I Skyped you. I saw so many people that were your teachers and librarians from your school days. And then all the young people you currently teach with also. What a tribute to you!!! I can't wait til I see you in all the amazing hats you have!
    Lots of Love
    Gran Gran

    ReplyDelete