Thursday, January 12, 2012

Obstructed View

It's been a few days since I've been on here. This is mainly due to the fact that I went back to work this week. When I get home, all I want to do is spend time with Chase until it's time for bed and then we both crash. Today was a bit different, though, because I had to go for my bone scan. My oncologist recommended this because my PET scan showed some "questionable spots" on my spine. In speaking with her, she seems to think that it's the tumor pressing against my spine, but just to be sure, she ordered this test. It was actually pretty easy, just time consuming. I went at 11 for my injection of radioactive material. Three hours later, I went back for the actual scan. The scan didn't even take a full hour. The worst part about it was that the machine starts over your face and is very close. Can you say 'claustrophobia?' Not going to lie, I kept my eyes shut until the nurse told me that my head was out! And I ended up having to go back in twice more because the images of my ribcage were blurry. Can you guess what could possibly have caused the obstructed view?!? She ended up having to turn the machine so that it imaged through the side of my chest instead of the top. When I was all finished, the nurse told me she'll probably see me again. She's the same one who did my initial MUGA scan and said that usually during the course of chemo, they do at least one more MUGA scan to make sure your heart is still functioning the way it should. At least if I have to keep doing this, I know I'm in good hands!

2 comments: