Monday, January 9, 2012

Good News/Bad News

I went back to the doctor today and had my blood drawn. Things are looking really good. My white cell count was actually high (most likely from the Neulasta shot) which is good news. She was able to prescribe me something for this lovely heartburn (which I'll take over other possible side effects!) I go back next week for more blood work (this will be a weekly occurrence throughout my treatment) then on the 26th for my next round of chemo. So that's the good news.

Now, let me preface this next part with I don't want to use this blog as an outlet to complain, but I really feel I must. Chemo is not cheap. Not even a little bit. There are tons of organizations out there that provide financial assistance. I've been looking into them, researching, applying. Today, we found out that we make too much money to qualify for any of them. We made $930 too much last year. $930. Seriously?!? So because my husband has a good job, I have a good job, and I work a second job to help keep up with rising bills, we get no help. Something about that just seems horribly wrong. Or maybe it's just me...

2 comments:

  1. that is totally ridiculous! i can't believe it!! why are people who actually work to make our society better punished for working hard to make our society better?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am so sorry to hear that bit of news, financially chemo is indeed horrific, I see it with the patients I care for, that is only one of a multitude of reasons to keep pushing legislation on these drugs. I wish you the best Jayme! Daily prayers always for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete